Talk

Advanced search

Diagnose me? Hot face, side pain, back/coccyx pain, tingling...

(9 Posts)
ToLiveInPeace Tue 29-Oct-19 15:54:13

Sorry this is long... new problems keep appearing.

For a year, I've had a hot/red face at random moments - often when I need to pee.

In May, I had a bad reaction to amitriptyline, including widespread tingling (parasthesia). It mostly resolved after a month off the tablets.

Since June, I've had a gripping sensation moving around my right rib/middle/hip. This was soon joined by extreme bloating on my right side/under my ribcage. The gripping keeps getting stronger but tests for gallstones, liver problems etc are all clear.

I've had a bit of a change of bowel habit and some diarrhea, which is most unusual for me.

New this month: a strong tingling in my coccyx, which (ick) I assumed was haemorrhoids. Now also coccyx/lower back pain, with tingling going down my legs or up into my face. The gripping sensation from my right side now also turns up across my buttocks.

Right now, my face is hot and red but my body is shivering. My hips and legs (and hoo-ha...) are tingling and some creature with prickly fingers is gripping my right side.

Later, I'll feel ok-ish, then a whole different combination of these symptoms will appear.

I have a CT scan coming up and my GP thinks it's all stress anyway, so he's not interested. He doesn't have to deal with it at 5am, however.

Stress could be a factor (it's been a shitty year and I do feel stress physically) but... what the hell could be wrong with me?

OP’s posts: |
FelicityFeather Tue 29-Oct-19 19:13:23

Have you ruled out gallstones and kidney stones?

ToLiveInPeace Tue 29-Oct-19 20:18:54

Thank you. Yes... Ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, blood tests and endoscopy all clear. I'm starting to think it might be something neurological, except for the overdramatic bloating.

FloraFoxton Wed 30-Oct-19 17:24:41

My second guess would be neuralgia

ToLiveInPeace Wed 30-Oct-19 21:09:36

That might be the case. I'll really delight my doctor by turning up with a new theory... but it has to be something.

Leah2005 Wed 30-Oct-19 21:18:30

Fibromyalgia?

Lyingonthesofainthedark Wed 30-Oct-19 22:12:26

I think you can't get diagnosed here.

ToLiveInPeace Fri 01-Nov-19 06:01:36

@Leah2005 Thank you - I already have fibro, but this is a whole new set of symptoms that don't seem part of it.

@Lyingonthesofainthedark Oh cheers, how kind. After multiple GP visits over many months, I apparently can't get diagnosed anywhere.

Leah2005 Fri 01-Nov-19 14:30:01

My mum has fibro and has multiple random things pop up all the time which is why I wondered with you. Sometimes it's hard to separate what is fibro and what is something else as I'm sure you're very aware.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in