Talk

Advanced search

Whooshing and beeping in head

(6 Posts)
sourpuss1 Mon 28-Oct-19 20:32:36

My daughter is 7 and is complaining of whooshing and beeping in her head, pointing to her forehead, she is thought to have Hyperacusis (overly sensitive hearing), these noises are not accompanied by pain however they are louder if she puts her fingers in her ears, these noises sound like I've heard tinnitus described as, any sufferers able to agree/disagree

OP’s posts: |
Xiaoxiong Mon 28-Oct-19 20:43:37

Ear infection? I had serious whooshing when I had so much fluid and inflammation in there. It didn't hurt, mainly sloshed around and gave me a lot of high pitched whining and humming. Or could be water in there if she's been swimming or wallowing in the bath?

sourpuss1 Mon 28-Oct-19 20:48:14

Thank you Xiaoxiong we were away last week and she swam a few times however I assumed an infection would cause pain, thank you for that info i shall see how it is in the morning and try to get a gp appointment if necessary

cheesecadet Tue 29-Oct-19 09:26:42

Sounds like tinnitus maybe caused by an infection. I have tinnitus and also have had an ear infection without pain.

sourpuss1 Tue 29-Oct-19 11:14:55

Thank you

Joerev Tue 29-Oct-19 11:25:01

There’s musical titinitus. I’ve had it since I can remember. Could it be that?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »