Talk

Advanced search

Persistent leg discomfort

(7 Posts)
SpideyMom Thu 24-Oct-19 18:56:45

Hi

Does anyone else suffer? I've suffered for 2 years now. Was found to have severely low vitamin D Levels so I'm supplementing a very high does for life.

For the last 3 weeks though its been constant. Really uncomfortable around my knees and ankles but also my lower legs. My right is worse than my left and is worse when I am resting. Feels sore, achey, itchy and in my bones, and like a pressure around my knees.

I went to the doctor again in Tuesday for him to say he won't investigate as I've had bloods and xrays taken before for it, though we'll over a year ago. So I felt disheartened and it hasn't helped my anxiety.

Can't help but worry. Does anyone else have persistent leg discomfort?

OP’s posts: |
SpideyMom Thu 24-Oct-19 19:45:06

Anyone?

Cracklycaramel Thu 24-Oct-19 20:01:48

I do, although it is my left that is the particular pain. smile

I've had all sorts of investigations and it has come down to a type of reactive/autoimmune arthritis. No damage shown on scans and blood tests were not conclusive but my rheumatologist takes a practical approach to diagnosis and jabbed me with a steroid injection. I got better, he diagnosed me.

He recently recommended I try flexiseq cream before we go for the drugs with more side effects. It was developed for osteoarthritis but he'd seen some good results for others. It's worked really well, totally took the achey pain away. I stopped it for a couple of weeks and it has started up again so I've just started it again. You can get it from amazon or high street pharmacies.

It's not a crippling pain but it is really draining being in constant pain. I hope you can find something that helps for you.

SpideyMom Thu 24-Oct-19 20:35:04

I was a bit taken aback when he said he wasn't going to do anything as I've had investigations previously.

Bloods only showed extremely low vitamin D levels which I am now on a mega strength supplement for. Scans also show nothing as at one point I honestly felt like something was inside my bones.

He only wants to treat with painkillers and said there are no awards for living in pain. So i have pregablin. However doesn't seem right to me, just masking pain

ToLiveInPeace Thu 24-Oct-19 21:51:04

Sounds horrible. Can you see a different GP?

SpideyMom Thu 24-Oct-19 22:25:18

I've agreed to use the pain relief for now, though I don't agree with it without running up to date tests. I'm going to see a different doctor though next. I know it won't go away as it hasn't in 2 years. But not having a diagnosis triggers my anxiety and now he isn't willing to look into it it makes me feel worse. I am only 33.
As a PP has said the pain isn't crippling but for me it is uncomfortable at time and constant which isn't pleasant

SpideyMom Fri 25-Oct-19 19:56:09

Tonight is really bad sad like my legs are being crushed from the knees down

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »