Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

[THREADWORMS] How long is Ovex supposed to take?

(8 Posts)
DarrenJacobs Wed 15-Aug-07 23:28:22

Anyone know? Past experiences?

Took it yesterday about 4pm, still have itching tonight and I would just like to know when it's going to disappear!

domesticgrumpess Thu 16-Aug-07 00:11:51

Message withdrawn

SlightlyMadSpider Thu 16-Aug-07 13:07:59

I was told 23-48hrs.

It could also be that you have scrathed you anal tissues and it is that which itches.

geekgirl Thu 16-Aug-07 13:11:26

ovex does take a few days in my rather unfortunate experience - maybe 3 days until you can be sure the feckers are all dead and gone. It doesn't work with stomach cramps & eviction as suggested by dg (Pripsen does though) - ovex makes the worms unable to process glucose so they starve, which takes a bit of time.

SlightlyMadSpider Thu 16-Aug-07 13:17:04

NOt only that but you still have to be careful as the eggs will still be there for a couple of weeks.

DarrenJacobs Thu 16-Aug-07 17:21:05

Cheers guys, I have been very careful recently, washing and anti-baccing everything in sight

and I haven't scathed the anal tissue, I've somehow resisted the temptation to scratch!

I think I'll still take another tablet in 2 weeks to be sure however.

Many thanks

SlightlyMadSpider Thu 16-Aug-07 17:46:09

Apparently many people do it in their sleep without realising it.

I am sure you are just being paranoid though.

NKffffffff8efe84afX121b6daf031 Sun 07-Jun-09 20:23:22

hi there i need help ive cleaned whole house but im still paranoid my little one has had medicine and so have the family and im not sure if hes passed it on to me or if its in my mind as he gets into my bed everynight whileim asleep!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now