Talk

Advanced search

What could this pain be?

(7 Posts)
tumblelord Mon 21-Oct-19 20:16:24

- Constant dull pain in chest. It is always in the middle area of the chest, sometimes more on the left and other sides more on the right.
- Other symptoms were wind, acid reflux, nausea, stomach and back pain but Omeprazole has mostly stopped these symptoms although there is still a lot of burping going on.
- Currently waiting for gallbladder removal surgery.
- Blood test, ECG, blood pressure, etc all came back normal. No scans or x-rays done yet.
- Doctors think it's probably a gastric issue but haven't ruled out a respiratory problem.

What could this be?

OP’s posts: |
bestbefore Mon 21-Oct-19 20:21:04

Could be this - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/costochondritis/

TwinkleRedMoon Mon 21-Oct-19 20:34:14

Helicobacter?

Flossie44 Mon 21-Oct-19 23:12:09

Does it hurt to apply pressure??

jalopy Wed 23-Oct-19 19:54:12

Er...if you're waiting for gallbladder removal, surely the chest pain is related to that? Gallstones.

PurpleFrames Wed 23-Oct-19 20:36:54

I second @bestbefore on the costondritis- I had as much pain with that during flare ups as when I had broken ribs

Flossie44 Wed 23-Oct-19 22:31:51

Totally agree. The pain can be immense!! Mine comes and goes depending on stress levels wierdly. I guess I tense up, and subsequently trigger an episode. The pain is sickening!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »