Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else got this evil cold?

(5 Posts)
user1470132907 Sun 20-Oct-19 11:41:20

Just looking for fellow people to whine with, really!

Son had really bad cold for couple of weeks - fever, cough, off food, very lethargic. He is now improving but now I seem to have it. I have problems with anxiety and it’s sending it through the roof - my brain feels like cotton wool and I’m totally spaced, so can’t manage thoughts as I usually would.

Am on my own with my son all day tomorrow and Tuesday and he is full of beans. My plan is to dose up on paracetamol and ibuprofen and get him out the house, even if only to the park. Don’t want to spread it but also need fresh air, for him and me.

OP’s posts: |
Oldmum55 Mon 21-Oct-19 08:36:03

User14 if you feel up to it do go out. A walk in the park will do you both good, I find it clears a stuffy head when you have a cold. And we know what's it like trying to keep kids happy indoors once they are recovering!

user1470132907 Mon 21-Oct-19 15:45:47

Thank you Oldmum55, we got out for a walk this morning, before our energy crashed. Has been a nice bright day here so we felt the benefit.

chocodrops Mon 21-Oct-19 16:02:44

We were down with some lurgy for 3.5 weeks. It was awful you have my sympathies 🌸

user1470132907 Mon 21-Oct-19 17:35:16

Sorry to hear that, chocodrops. I hope you’re all doing better now. I am managing to cook dinner tonight, albeit with frequent breaks sitting on the floor (and typing here grin). My son projectile vomited this afternoon so not convinced he’ll make school on Wednesday...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »