Talk

Advanced search

Tongue biting in my sleep! What could cause this?

(2 Posts)
Bunnybaubles Sun 20-Oct-19 11:19:55

It started when I was pregnant with my DD. It was night and I was in bed sleeping. Suddenly I knew I was about to bite my tongue, almost like I was dreaming telling myself to brace myself. 2 seconds later I bit down hard, right on the tip.

It was so weird. I was still asleep but fully aware of what was happening but I was unable to unclench my jaw to let my tongue go. I finally unclenched and sat up in agony. The tip of my tongue was a mess.

It happened again the next night. A few weeks later it happened again, for 2 or 3 nights then stopped again.

Since then it has been happening 2 or 3 nights every few months.

It's always the same, I bite my tongue while I'm in bed sleeping, I'm aware it is happening but I cant stop it or unclench my jaw for a period of time (probably only 5 to 10 seconds).

Does anyone have any experience of this? Or know what could be causing it? I haven't spoken to my gp about it, I meant to when I was there recently but I forgot.

OP’s posts: |
totallyradllama Sun 20-Oct-19 21:22:23

Ask your dentist about it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »