Talk

Advanced search

No period since 2yo dd was born

(5 Posts)
DarcyParty Tue 15-Oct-19 07:57:49

Hi all,

My DD was born almost 2 years ago, and I'm a bit concerned I haven't had a period yet.

She was never bf, and I had the mirena after her birth which I assumed stopped my period. All good, but I had it taken out four months ago as it shifted and I changed to the pill. Not a hint of a period, even after the mirena removal sad

I've had this pill before I was pregnant with her and always had a period, and I've tested since the mirena came out and I'm not pregnant.

I'm 27 so I assume not menopause! I did have an infection after her birth which I had to stay in hospital for.

I wasn't really worried, but we've been talking about ttc in a year's time sad

Should I be worried? Or is this just a thing that happens sometimes?

Thanks for reading blush

witherwings Tue 15-Oct-19 08:00:48

I think I would go and see my dr if I were you. I didn't have a period for a year after 1st. I mentioned it at a follow up meeting and they said go and see someone if it hadn't come back after a year.
It could be you are more sensitive to the hormones now but it's worth checking for peace of mind

DarcyParty Tue 15-Oct-19 08:17:45

witherwings did it come back on its own? Or was there anything they could do?

witherwings Tue 15-Oct-19 20:18:26

Just came back on it's own. I fed for 6 months so was a bit surprised it didn't come back quicker. I had no hormonal contraception at all so there was no reason for it. Clearly my body just took a while to get back to it.
I honestly think you are more sensitive to the hormones in the coil and pill. Please do see a dr though.

DarcyParty Wed 16-Oct-19 05:28:35

@witherwings thanks for your responses, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go I think 😬

I'm glad it worked out for you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »