Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD (6) always moaning about tummy ache

(11 Posts)

It must be every day for the last 3 months at some point during the day she's said she has a tummy ache. It never seems very serious, she's not doubled up in pain or anything. Doesn't seem to stop her doing anything but just getting a bit worried that its every day. Although of course theres the possibility that its getting into a habit of something to moan about. She goes to the loo ok, eats ok.

She says the tummy aches last for 10mins, go away for 10mins, then coem back for 10mins.

Should I see the GP.

WanderingTrolley Tue 14-Aug-07 18:58:23

Keep a diary of what she's eaten and when they occur - do NOT tell her you are doing this. She could be developing a sensitivity to something.

Mind you, I used to look after a 6 year who was the world's biggest hypochondriac, so I could tend to be under-sympathetic here!

Have you asked her what she thinks it might be?

gringottsgoblin Tue 14-Aug-07 18:59:21

could she be hungry? we have had this confusion.

katierocket Tue 14-Aug-07 19:02:54

DS (6) says he's hungry and his tummy hurts when he's actually tired (we've worked this out over last couple of years).

I've asked her if she's hungry and no. She says that eating doesn't make it better, nor does having a poo.

It does seem to coincide (although not always) with me asking her to tidy up or go to bed. So not sure if thats an added extra.

pippo Tue 14-Aug-07 19:05:42

We were told by our gp that children have glands in their stomach that often cause tummy aches. Could she have any other underlying illness, bad tonsils, virus etc?

GibbonInARibbon Tue 14-Aug-07 19:07:36

I suffered with tummy ache as a child and GP told my mum that children get migraines in their tummy...sure enough I have grown up to be a migraine sufferer.

lulabelle Wed 15-Aug-07 15:04:41

yes, I can agree, DS1 had this 2 years ago and still suffers he has to take medicene each night, GP said they were abdominal migraines. He too complains of tummy ache, then just wants to lie down and be quiet, usually they go away within a couple of hours, quicker if he has slept it off. Medicene does help but he still gets them.

Nat1H Wed 15-Aug-07 21:40:33

I always had tummy ache as a child! Even went into hospiatl to have it investigated! I am now diagnosed as coeliac (meaning a gluten free diet) I would do as WanderingTrolley says. Keep a diary of food and mark when the tummyache occurs. Gluten is found in food containing wheat, oats, barley and rye. If you are worried, see your GP. I am sure she is OK though. Maybe she doesn't like tidying her room!!

CountessDracula Wed 15-Aug-07 21:43:18

I also had terrible tummy aches as a child. I was diagnosed with abdominal migrane. When I grew up I got Crohn's disease

DD complains all the time of tummy ache too so I fear for her

tasja Wed 15-Aug-07 21:44:40

I also had tummy ache at this age as a child. For a long time my mum thought I was scared to go to school. Turned out is was my appendix.
Take her to doc I would say. just to get her checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now