Talk

Advanced search

Constipation help

(10 Posts)
Marvinmarvinson Sun 13-Oct-19 16:22:16

I appear to have a blockage. I am desperate to go but it feels 'stuck'. I have laxatives and stool softeners here for one of the kids. Is there much point taking them or will I end up more backed up? I'm wondering if I need to go and get suppositories instead? I'm in so much pain, genuinely struggling to sit.

GlitterSparkle85 Sun 13-Oct-19 21:57:45

Try honey in warm water on an empty stomach every morning and drinking a teaspoon of olive oil

dottyp0104 Sun 13-Oct-19 21:59:57

Do you have movicol or laxido? If so then start taking it, 1 a day then two a day upwards. Will eventually budge. (The sachets don't don't any harm, my dayghter has had to taje up to 10 a day for her constipation)

Marvinmarvinson Mon 14-Oct-19 05:56:23

Thanks for the replies. I have laxido and I've taken the dose for impaction with no joy so far. I've had to call in sick to work today, I feel so stupid. I'm going to see the pharmacist this morning and see if there's anything else they can suggest.

Marvinmarvinson Mon 14-Oct-19 06:55:30

Progress! After obsessively reading all the threads about constipation on here I found a method that worked. I almost cried with relief.

GlitterSparkle85 Mon 14-Oct-19 07:27:28

Yay!

zazasabore Mon 14-Oct-19 09:54:53

Look no further than Ortis Fruits and Fibres - a chewable tablet you take the night before with a lot of water - contains figs, tamarind and rhubarb - very gentle but super 100% effective. From Holland and Barratt.

SallyWD Mon 14-Oct-19 10:10:41

Please tell us what the method was!!!

AgnesNaismith Mon 14-Oct-19 10:12:37

Yeah.....what was the method? #stealthboast

Marvinmarvinson Mon 14-Oct-19 10:47:26

It was using a finger/thumb on the back of the vagina wall to massage it out blush

I never suffer from constipation normally so no idea what happened! I hadn't even been constipated in the run up to this so if it happens again I might go to the doctors and see if there's anything wrong.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »