Talk

Advanced search

How did your carpal tunnel syndrome first appear?

(2 Posts)
isabellerossignol Sun 13-Oct-19 10:24:56

I know, I know, no one should be diagnosing themselves. But hear me out smile

For many years I have had very occasional shooting pains in my right arm from elbow to wrist. Happens occasionally, maybe a couple of times in quick succession, then nothing for weeks or months. Very quick, but very painful and for a fraction of a second I can't grip etc.

Recently it's becoming much more common and for the past couple of weeks it's happening daily, maybe a couple of dozen times a day.

I had never given it any thought, just thought it was 'one of those things' when suddenly I realised that several of my close family have had to have surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome and I started to think 'I wonder...'

I haven't got to talk to the family members yet so I thought I'd ask random strangers instead.

OP’s posts: |
FLOrenze Sun 13-Oct-19 10:31:28

Mine was more constant and was treated with anti-inflammatories and wrist braces worn at night for six weeks. X rays shows damage to the cervical spine as well as Carpel tunnel. I had to wait 8 weeks for physio and in the meantime visited an osteopath which really helped.

I would visit a GP to find out exactly what is happening could be some sort of nerve damage or arthritis I can’t believe how long I put up with the problems before I got it sorted. I am practically pain free now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »