Talk

Advanced search

Any dentists/surgeons around?

(4 Posts)
Nowisnotthebesttime Sat 12-Oct-19 22:37:50

Name changed for this (I hope!)

Am due to have jaw surgery this Wednesday (the full nine yards). What should fall out of my mouth this evening but a filling?! 😭🦷 Am scrambling around trying to find an emergency dentist who can refill filling on Monday (unsurprisingly, not with much luck on a Saturday night!).

I am now thinking surgery will not be able to go ahead on Wednesday. Anyone have any advice/experience with this sort of thing?

OP’s posts: |
WrongKindOfFace Sun 13-Oct-19 16:33:14

Did you find somewhere? If not ring 111, they can book you an emergency appointment.

Nowisnotthetime Sun 13-Oct-19 20:00:49

I have a private emergency dental appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Think it's the crown that fell off so they'll only be able to give me a temporary crown at best. sad. Surgery must surely be in doubt now.

Trying to tell myself that if the filling was shoogly, better it fell off before the surgery than during, when I might aspirate it into a lung or something.

msmith501 Sun 13-Oct-19 20:05:18

Make sure that the hospital know about the dentist issue ASAP tomorrow. I'm not sure it would be grounds for cancellation but they may have to take it into consideration. Also, you have two user names in your two different posts op.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »