Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you feel exhuasted when you have your period? I'm not sure this is normal......

(13 Posts)
LadyTophamHatt Tue 14-Aug-07 14:36:22

My periods are regular from month to month but are rarely the same when it come to how heavy they are.

For the first time in years I woke up this morning with huge blood stains on the bed. I had to get up during the night to change teh ST too. I feel totally drained today(no pun inteneded) and I have no energy at all.

Last month, my period was normal and didn't flood at all. But a few months ago it was excessively heavy again.

Is a visit to the GP in order?

allgonebellyup Tue 14-Aug-07 14:38:36

i do get this, say every other month, where it comes on so thick and fast, and all my pj's and sheets are stained etc..
and i do feel drained, its probably low iron levels due to the loss of so much blood?
but some months i am fine!

maybe go to gp for check up though.

LadyTophamHatt Tue 14-Aug-07 14:42:06

I'm sure te |GP with just suggest going on the pill to regulate them.

I hate the thought of that.

SlightlyMadSpider Tue 14-Aug-07 14:42:27

Agree sounds like an iron defieciency. Either try iron supplements/foods or see GP.

LadyTophamHatt Tue 14-Aug-07 14:47:48

need enregy today to tidy house, we have a viewing later and I've got tons to do.

I seem to be stuck to the chair though.....

LadyTophamHatt Tue 14-Aug-07 14:48:01

I hate having periods.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 14-Aug-07 14:57:33

Are you moving again.... or did I know this and I am being blonde.

LadyTophamHatt Tue 14-Aug-07 15:02:10

tis a relatively new development in the LTH household.....our buyers pulled out so i'm up to my ears in stuff to do again.

NineUnlikelyTales Tue 14-Aug-07 15:04:03

I think if you have significant changes to your periods you are meant to get them checked out with the GP. It's probably nothing but best to be sure.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 14-Aug-07 15:20:13

But why are leaving that classy conservatory ??

LadyTophamHatt Tue 14-Aug-07 15:22:27

LGJ, its all ds4 fault...we've ran out of room since his arrival
Ds2+3 share already, ds1's room is titchy...Ds4 will be in our room until we move.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 14-Aug-07 15:24:17

DS4 ....yes but what a trade off. Gawgus that child is.

LadyTophamHatt Tue 14-Aug-07 15:41:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now