Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

AS WELL AS DONATING ORGANS - CAN WE PLEASE ALL CONSIDER BLOOD DONATION - MOST OF THESE MAJOR OPERATIONS CAN NOT GO AHEAD WITHOUT ENOUGH BLOOD IN THE BANKS IF NEEDED ...

(10 Posts)
kitsandbits Tue 14-Aug-07 11:29:47

Thanks

more info here

or phone this number for details of centres near you .. 0845 7 711 711

newy Tue 14-Aug-07 11:31:34

Important point. I have tried to donate blood and bone marrow but because I am on medication they don't want any of it! Hopefully they want my organs as would like to be of some use..

GreatAuntieWurly Tue 14-Aug-07 11:34:24

excellent thread, unfortunatly I cant donate blood, have tried numerous times and it has always made me ill during and after.

kitsandbits Tue 14-Aug-07 11:36:18

Ive been waiting for somewhere near to me to hold a blooddrive (nearest place is town - quite far) and a letter cam through with the paper saying 'blood drive here ...ect'

It was a place close to me, but it was held a week before! yet they were with this weeks papers.

Was gutted as ive been waiting a while to do it.

Am going to ring the number and see if theres anymore!

tiredemma Tue 14-Aug-07 11:37:54

I cant give blood either- something to do with my 'petite frame' ( arf!)

CharleeWeasley Tue 14-Aug-07 11:39:53

I have rare blood so sould love to donate but have a blood disorder so usless im afraid, i am a registed organ doner though.

kitsandbits Tue 14-Aug-07 12:10:36

bump

EffiePerine Tue 14-Aug-07 16:17:16

btw you can donate if you are bfing (as long as your baby is 9 months old). I checked

expatinscotland Tue 14-Aug-07 16:19:14

bump, but i've had hepatitis in the past so can't donate. also on ADs, hypertension meds and tranqs so outta the loop here.

TheQueenOfQuotes Tue 14-Aug-07 16:21:57

I'm terrified of needles so that puts me off (like really terrified ) - but I can't donate anyhow as I've had sex with someone who's been sexually active in parts of the world where HIV/AIDS is common (ie my DH! - not to mention the fact that I was active out there ) - and I've travelled (to Africa) in the last 12 months

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: