Talk

Advanced search

Pain post extraction

(14 Posts)
upallnightpain Thu 10-Oct-19 02:31:58

Had 4 extractions on Friday last week. 5's on upper and lower on both sides. One (lower right) had a bulbous root so was extremely difficult to get out according to the surgeon. I'm not getting any pain from any of the sites bar this one , which is horrid! Surgeon checked me over on Monday and said all fine, no dry socket. Any help?! Should it still hurt? Pain is controllable with ibuprofen.

OP’s posts: |
upallnightpain Thu 10-Oct-19 22:02:41

Bump

PixieDustt Thu 10-Oct-19 22:27:11

Could be slightly still tender or might now have an infection or a dry socket. Go back to the dentist

upallnightpain Thu 10-Oct-19 22:48:28

I emailed the surgeon in the early hours of this morning but haven't had a reply. It's progressed to a throbbing headache now too.

PixieDustt Thu 10-Oct-19 22:56:11

Were you referred there by a dentist or is this your actual dentist? You need to get an emergency appointment.

upallnightpain Thu 10-Oct-19 22:59:25

I was operated on by a surgeon via referral from my dentist. I think I need to be seen tomorrow to be honest. A week is enough for it to not hurt surely?!

PixieDustt Thu 10-Oct-19 23:14:41

Then go back to your dentist.
I'm a dental nurse and it shouldn't still be so painful after a week. Tender yes, painful no.
It sounds like a dry socket it to me!

upallnightpain Thu 10-Oct-19 23:35:06

Oh dear sad I was hoping to avoid that. Do you think it would improve things if I was to sleep sitting more upright tonight?

PointlessUsername Thu 10-Oct-19 23:43:15

Nothing helped when i had a dry socket until the dentis packed it, instant relief from that.

Hope you feel better soon flowers

upallnightpain Thu 10-Oct-19 23:47:31

@PointlessUsername was it similar to how I have described it ?

PixieDustt Fri 11-Oct-19 00:23:50

No nothing will improve it until the dentist packs it with can't remember name not how to spell it but it smells like cloves 🤤. Get an emergency appt and say you have a dry socket they have to see you the same day

upallnightpain Fri 11-Oct-19 10:19:38

FIXED 😎 2 out of 4 had dry socket apparently. All packed and ready to roll, wasn't even late to the school run!

PixieDustt Fri 11-Oct-19 15:56:35

Oh dear! Hope you feel better now though!

upallnightpain Sat 26-Oct-19 18:22:16

So , 3 out of 4 are fixed now , but I am being slightly plagued by the extraction site where it had the difficult root. It very much feels and looks like a blister, leading me to believe it's an abscess ? No massive pain or anything or foul smell. WWYD? Has anyone heard of this?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »