Talk

Advanced search

Run down child

(6 Posts)
Whatstodo2019 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:27:10

Ds (6) has been run down since returning to school.
He sleeps 8 til 7 most nights, takes a multi vitamin, eats loads of fruit and veg and has time to rest after school in the afternoons.
But his eyes and face look tired and he is run down meaning he is getting sick easily. He has missed 6 days off school since returning in September (vomiting and tonsillitis).
Any suggestions on how I can help him? A more specific vitamin or increasing a type off food? Any suggestions welcome.

OP’s posts: |
Whatstodo2019 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:27:54

*Of food, not off food

Seaweed42 Wed 09-Oct-19 23:51:02

I think they just tend to pick up bugs when they first go back to school in Sept. My two have both been off with bad colds in the past few weeks. It happens every year without fail.
My advice just give him his normal food and try not to worry. It can take a couple of weeks to really get over something like tonsilitis or a bad cold.

Whatstodo2019 Thu 10-Oct-19 08:25:05

Thanks Seaweed
He has had two years in pre school and one in school already and usually has a huge amount of energy and always keeps busy so it's unusual seeing him like this.
I'll just carry on as normal with him and hopefully he'll perk up a bit in a few weeks.

alwaysonadiet1 Thu 10-Oct-19 09:30:38

Did he have antibiotics for the tonsillitis? Maybe probiotics would help.

DearTeddyRobinson Thu 10-Oct-19 09:40:24

Would he need more iron?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »