Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

insect bites - prevention and cure please!

(2 Posts)
cookiesandcream Tue 14-Aug-07 09:26:48

Went to a bar-b-que on Sat and was bitten twice on my right foot. One bite has all but disappeared the other is red, itchy and so swollen my ankle looks pregnant I went to the chemist and got amthasan yesterday but the redness is still spreading and the itching is driving me mad - any ideas to help?
Also I am at a hog roast on Fri and don't want to get bitten again whats the best prevention product to use - ideally something that I can use on a 2 year old too.

loopylou6 Tue 14-Aug-07 10:36:44

for prevention, try the insect repellents, jungle is quite a good one to try, also invest in some afterbite stuff and as soon as u know u have been bitten apply the afterbite, stings abit and smells like wee but works a treat lol, as for your foot u need to get to the docs asap, sounds like the bite has gotton infecvted and u may need antibiotics or u could have "celluitus" (sp?) i had it from a lil cut on my foot it is actually blood poisoning so u obviousley dont wanna leave it, dont get me wrong im not trying to scare u and im not saying run screaming to a&e lol, but u should get an appointment today, good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now