Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is the ABSOLUTE minimum volume of fluid a 16m should take a day?

(7 Posts)
SlightlyMadSpider Mon 13-Aug-07 17:26:39

DD3 has a badly blistered mouth (as per other thread). Can't be treated but need to be looking out for dehdration as it is painful to eat and drink.

Yesterday she was drinking OK.

Today she has had
approx 200ml milk first thing
a baby yoghurt for breakfast
approx 80-100ml milk at lunchtime after a major fight according to DP
Approx 40ml milkjust now.

She is refusing all fluids and foods. We have had to fight to get that in her.

Thats not enough is it ?

Gursky Mon 13-Aug-07 17:28:11

Just read the other thread - poor you and poor DD.

Are you still getting wet nappies?

SlightlyMadSpider Mon 13-Aug-07 17:30:26

Had a slightly wet one overnight. Wet one mid-morning and dry one at 2pm. It feels reasonably wet now (but she is asleep to check properly.

Gursky Mon 13-Aug-07 17:34:44

That sounds fairly reassuring - it is the question I have always been asked. I guess you just have to keep on trying to get liquids into her, but it is so awful when they're sick.

SlightlyMadSpider Mon 13-Aug-07 17:36:53

I am just worried that lack of fluid today won't show until tonmorrow IYSWIM.

Gursky Mon 13-Aug-07 17:39:25

ISWYM, but I thought fluids came through faster than that? That's just personal experience though . Perhaps a call to NHS Direct?

SlightlyMadSpider Mon 13-Aug-07 17:55:43

Your probably right. I have a walk in centre less than 10mins from me - so that is usually quicker than waiting for NHS direct to call me back. Will see how she goes before bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now