Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is there any form of exercise that is not totally boring?

(18 Posts)
BBBee Sun 12-Aug-07 20:53:06

I have tried:

running
gym
aerobics
swimming

I am crap at team sports and I don't have loads of time. Has anyone ever found an exercise routine that they enjoy or is it all just a question of getting on with it?

divastrop Sun 12-Aug-07 20:57:35

sex?

personally,i find it easier to do little and often(excersise,that is)as i find it very boring and find it easier to stick to doing,say,15 minutes a night rather than a whole hour 2 or 3 times a week.

gibberish Sun 12-Aug-07 20:57:54

I love aerobics and running but they don't seem to be for you. Would it help if you went with someone? Give you both motivation.

Or get a dog?

Or cycling?

binklehasflipped Sun 12-Aug-07 20:58:26

If you can afford it - do a weekly session with a personal trainer.

It may cost a bit but at least it is money well spent as you will get fast results and spend every second of that hour with them actually pushing at the right level to achieve what you want - money well spent.

Also, you have no time to get bored as they constantly give you new exercises to do in different sets and keep you going - the time flies!

gibberish Sun 12-Aug-07 20:58:35

Rofl divastrop - she said not TOTALLY BORING!

FluffyMummy123 Sun 12-Aug-07 20:58:46

Message withdrawn

Sidge Sun 12-Aug-07 20:59:55

Trampolining!!!

Great fun and hard work so good for you - gives you buttocks of steel!

Rumpel Sun 12-Aug-07 21:01:04

Poledancing
Bellydancing
Tapdancing
Salsa
Great fun

Carmenere Sun 12-Aug-07 21:01:28

Martial arts.

gibberish Sun 12-Aug-07 21:02:21

Oooh yeah salsa! It's brilliant! Badminton?? Surprisingly good exercise and good fun.

pinkspottywellies Sun 12-Aug-07 21:04:00

Have you got a PS2 at home? Eyetoy Kinetic is fantastic! Or DVD/video workouts - get a few and alternate them.

hatwoman Sun 12-Aug-07 21:05:34

have you tried running with a goal in mind? ie entering races. it makes an enormous difference. as does an ipod and some nice countryside - or at least a good park.

jaynehater Sun 12-Aug-07 21:06:22

I just started a circuit training class and it's the only exercise that's left me suitably exhausted and not bored to tears - one minute at a time, different exercises - perfect for the attention deficit exerciser IMO

southeastastra Sun 12-Aug-07 21:07:11

hula hooping

ETsmum Sun 12-Aug-07 21:41:08

Linedancing?

Bibis Sun 12-Aug-07 21:43:08

I roller skated today, first time in about 10 years and I am very close to 40 - my thighs were really given a workout, give it a go.

Cycling is great cos you can nose at peoples houses and you get to freewheel occasionally

choosyfloosy Sun 12-Aug-07 21:46:14

Tennis. Although badminton is cheaper, and you don't have to run for the ball so much.

Or cycle everywhere. I get less bored with functional exercise with an end in view.

wannaBe Sun 12-Aug-07 21:47:41

what i do is:

I have a cross trainer and rower in my garage. I have an mp3 player, and I download audio books to said mp3 player, go into my garage and listen to my book while exercising. puts the concentration on the story and away from the time I'm on the machines. result.

better than music imo as with music it's hard not to count songs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now