Advanced search

Lump inside mouth doctor or dentist

(4 Posts)
Adviceplease1986 Sun 29-Sep-19 20:51:55

I have a lump top on the outside of gum near cheek it appeared suddenly and is quite big and firm to the touch. Very painful painkillers don't help at all. I can't get a dentist appointment for a few days as they are booked up but was wondering if a doctor could deal with it as it isn't a tooth problem as such.

OP’s posts: |
RingtheBells Mon 30-Sep-19 01:32:06

Sounds like an abscess or gum boil I’m suffering one at the moment, I would see the dentist and see if you can get an earlier appointment, my abscess started suddenly on Saturday afternoon and is quite painful, hence why I am up now to take yet more ibuprofen. It may burst then you will have some relief

Adviceplease1986 Mon 30-Sep-19 06:55:43

Thank you I've been taking pain relief but nothing is working I have an appointment tomorrow at dentist so fingers crossed, do you know what they do to treat it?

OP’s posts: |
RingtheBells Mon 30-Sep-19 07:07:50

Depending on the cause what they do, hopefully they will drain it for you or give you antibiotics.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »