Talk

Advanced search

Zantac - worried about latest scare

(4 Posts)
Somethingsosimple Sun 29-Sep-19 14:00:58

I’ve just read in the news that some countries are withdrawing Zantac due to a possible cancer link. I’m now panicking is regularly take Zantac. Anyone here who can explain the risk to calm me down.

OP’s posts: |
stucknoue Sun 29-Sep-19 14:13:25

It's minuscule, I've taken it for 18 years so have taken the precaution of buying a years supply just in case there's a shortage

Star39 Tue 16-Jun-20 22:57:32

Hello. I know this is an old thread but I stumbled across it when doing a google search. Have you don’t any further reading in this topic because I super scared about the recall. X

Literallyfedup Thu 18-Jun-20 22:52:58

I have not read the latest intervention but a few months before when it was recalled the statement was that doctors should not prescribe it anymore but people who had leftover doses could continue to take them. The reason cited was that there might be a possible carcinogenic link but the study is still ongoing and nothing has been confirmed. So I guess it is still not under the category of dangerous to health. I don't take zantac but my brother and mum do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »