Talk

Advanced search

Conjunctivitis

(2 Posts)
Lilypad15 Sun 29-Sep-19 04:36:24

I am at my wits end! I’ve had conjunctivitis in my left eye since Thursday. Since yesterday it’s been burning really badly. I’ve had about an hours sleep and been up since 2 in agony. My eye feels like it’s had a mixture of acid and sand thrown in it. Nothing I do helps. Tried 2 different eye drops, 2 types of painkillers, cold compress doesn’t work because my eye is so hot it just turns the cloth warm after about 30 seconds. When I move my eyeball it feels like there’s grit in it. The whole thing is on fire. To write this, I’m having to push my fingers down into my closed eyelid to stop my eye from moving about. I can’t keep my eye open at all unless I physically hold it. I’m in pain and frustrated because nothing is easing it even a little bit. I’m so tired and just want to sleep.

It’s viral so can’t have antibiotics. My eyeball is so red, there’s obviously a lot of burst blood vessels. I’m literally going insane, I don’t know what else to do. Anyone got any magic solutions? I know I can’t cure it as it’s viral but just to take the symptoms away so I can sleep!

OP’s posts: |
GooGoo52 Sun 29-Sep-19 04:41:19

That sounds like something other than conjunctivitis. I would call 111 and see if they can offer you any other advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »