Talk

Advanced search

When should I have a smear?

(7 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 28-Sep-19 17:55:48

Great, thank you. The receptionist offered me an appointment 3 days after my period started and when I explained why it wasn't suitable (despite me already giving her the date) she said 'you're on for how long?' in a shocked tone! It didn't make me want to ring up with questions!

OP’s posts: |
OpposableThumbs2 Fri 27-Sep-19 21:57:17

I asked last time I booked a couple of months ago and the said it doesn't matter.

Toomanycats99 Fri 27-Sep-19 21:44:48

Think it's meant to be mid cycle

itsabongthing Fri 27-Sep-19 21:42:57

I wondered this too - I had one but then got a letter saying they had insufficient cells or something. So I wondered if I was too mucusy (sorry if tmi) and obviously don’t want to have a ‘failed’ one again. Just to help further I now seem to have shorter cycles of 3-3.5 wks with a 5 day period so the window between is not massive!

mumderland Fri 27-Sep-19 21:33:47

They will ask the date of your last period but it doesn't matter which point of the cycle you have it

Lellochip Fri 27-Sep-19 21:31:04

Any time as long as you're not on your period I believe, I've never planned one for a specific time of cycle.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 27-Sep-19 21:26:12

When in my cycle should I have a smear? I was booked in a few weeks ago but had to cancel as I wasn't well and now I'm not sure when to book it. I run 2 or 3 packs of the pill back to back and I don't know whether I need to wait for my next period.

I know I could ask at the surgery but when I booked the last one the receptionist was funny with me when I turned down the first appointment offered.

Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in