Talk

Advanced search

When should I have a smear?

(7 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 27-Sep-19 21:26:12

When in my cycle should I have a smear? I was booked in a few weeks ago but had to cancel as I wasn't well and now I'm not sure when to book it. I run 2 or 3 packs of the pill back to back and I don't know whether I need to wait for my next period.

I know I could ask at the surgery but when I booked the last one the receptionist was funny with me when I turned down the first appointment offered.

Thanks in advance

Lellochip Fri 27-Sep-19 21:31:04

Any time as long as you're not on your period I believe, I've never planned one for a specific time of cycle.

mumderland Fri 27-Sep-19 21:33:47

They will ask the date of your last period but it doesn't matter which point of the cycle you have it

itsabongthing Fri 27-Sep-19 21:42:57

I wondered this too - I had one but then got a letter saying they had insufficient cells or something. So I wondered if I was too mucusy (sorry if tmi) and obviously don’t want to have a ‘failed’ one again. Just to help further I now seem to have shorter cycles of 3-3.5 wks with a 5 day period so the window between is not massive!

Toomanycats99 Fri 27-Sep-19 21:44:48

Think it's meant to be mid cycle

OpposableThumbs2 Fri 27-Sep-19 21:57:17

I asked last time I booked a couple of months ago and the said it doesn't matter.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 28-Sep-19 17:55:48

Great, thank you. The receptionist offered me an appointment 3 days after my period started and when I explained why it wasn't suitable (despite me already giving her the date) she said 'you're on for how long?' in a shocked tone! It didn't make me want to ring up with questions!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »