Talk

Advanced search

Baby vaccines

(3 Posts)
whatsthestoryy Fri 27-Sep-19 17:34:20

Just a quick question, I know it's dangerous for a baby to be ill (unless a minor illness) and have their vaccines, but what about if they become ill 1-2 days afterwards (and it's unrelated to the vaccine)?

SIL DC have chest infections and she brought them around DC without telling me they were ill which is annoying in itself angry but DC just had vaccines a few days ago so I'm just curious as to whether to be worried?

OP’s posts: |
NigesFakeWalkingStick Fri 27-Sep-19 18:18:17

How old is your baby? Is it first sets?

There isn't much you can do about it now sadly (and ugh for your sister to potentially pass that on, so thankless!) but normally the vaccine side effects are done and dusted in 2-3 days and a cold would take some time to germinate, so the chances are you'd be looking at a couple of days before you see signs of that.

Of course if baby is very young and poorly get them seen to. I always remember my SIL bringing her scarlet fevered nephew round without telling me when my baby was weeks old!

BertieBotts Fri 27-Sep-19 18:22:56

No don't worry. The vaccines don't lower their immunity. If they did they would ask you to keep them in for a few days, but they don't. It's OK for them to be around children with coughs, colds, sniffles - it would be unusual not to come into contact with these things at this time of year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »