Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Starting to freak out and worry, but can someone re-assure me on a stiff neck/face numbness

(4 Posts)
healthanxiety Sun 12-Aug-07 12:17:21

OK I have been known to panic about my health since I had ds.

I have had a sore/painful neck for a new months and have a physio appointment in a few weeks, to hopefully sort it out.

I had a massage on friday to try and help and she was very rough as said i was tight and had lots of knots etc etc, the last few days my face has been tingling a little, and it feels slightly numb on my left side chin and upper lips. I know that when I had PND I used to panic and when I did my face would feel a little numb as well, and I know that constantly thinking about it only makes it worse, but could neck problems do this aswell.

I am asking as I woke up this morning and tried to be positive but as the day is going on I am starting to worry and worry and about to have a panic attack which I am desperately trying to avert.

I have a doctors appointment next week so I will mention it then, I only just need some positive posts to help me through the rest of the day.

Changed name as don't want to come across as pathetic as I know thats how I am sounding at the moment.

MrsBadger Sun 12-Aug-07 12:27:25

I reckon it's just the effects of the massage - places that were previously short on blood flow have now got some and vice versa and I really don't think it will set off a panic attack.

I bet what used to happen when you did have them was you'd tense up your neck and shoulders, reducing the blood supply to your face, hence the tingling.

Have you Rescue Remedy or similar in the house? Or just a cup of tea?

You'll be fine, really you will
It's just your body having a moment, there's no need to get your brain involved.

healthanxiety Sun 12-Aug-07 14:33:08

Thanks Mrsbadger

I did have some rescue remedy, it has helped a little.

Still cant believe I can get myself into such a state.

healthanxiety Sun 12-Aug-07 19:33:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now