Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

First jabs - how are babies meant to react?

(4 Posts)
flightattendant Sun 12-Aug-07 06:51:40

Ds (8wks) had his on Friday. He cried most of the night but didn't feel hot. Yesterday he chucked up most of his feeds (am Bf-ing on demand) and cried with a sort of hoarse voice. He slept better last night but is very snuffly now, I think he has a cold.

Do you think this is all due to the injections, or is he just a bit unfortunate to have a cold right now? I haven't got one and neither has Ds1 (4) so it seems just to be little one. I had a vague idea that tiny babies don't really get colds, if they are breastfed etc?

Poor ickle fing

ProfYaffle Sun 12-Aug-07 07:04:07

My dd2 is 24 weeks, exclusively bf but had a cold a week or so ago. I then got it myself a day or two later (maybe I was incubating it and passed it to her?) so it's possible.

flightattendant Sun 12-Aug-07 07:11:05

Ah thankyou professor! I think I have forgotten everything there is to know about babies, somehow, in the last 4 years!

Hope you're feeling better

ProfYaffle Sun 12-Aug-07 07:13:39

We're fine now thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: