Talk

Advanced search

Possible UTI, advice needed.

(8 Posts)
EnglishRose1320 Sun 22-Sep-19 22:24:39

Been feeling run down for a few days, assumed it was because I've been crazy busy.
Midday today I needed the loo very suddenly and it was agony, still felt like I needed to go afterwards and I thought, maybe a UTI. However I've only had UTis in pregnancy before and they have never felt quite like this so not sure.
The frequency I have to go to the loo is every few minutes. It never relives the pain and I've taken the most paracetamol I can. I'm struggling to walk as far as the en suite and I feel really blocked up as well.
I'm trying to keep up my fluids.

Any possible ideas of what it could be if not a UTI
Any suggestions of things that might help if it sounds like it is

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
welliesarefuntowear Sun 22-Sep-19 22:28:49

Have you got a temperature? I would phone 111 otherwise if you think you can get some sleep you need to phone GP in morning. Paracetamol should help.

EnglishRose1320 Sun 22-Sep-19 22:33:05

Yes I was hoping to just sleep tonight and call GP in the morning but haven't managed to get comfy enough to sleep yet.

Not sure if I have a temp, feel s bit flushed at times, asked my OH to check but he's just been doing a work out so he's running hot and can't tell!

VaggieMight Sun 22-Sep-19 22:34:02

I had a bad UTI once, it was like flu, I stupidly thought GPs we're closed at the weekends, anyway I went on the Monday and was given antibiotics. Another time I couldn't pass water and was told if you can't pass water for 24 hours to go to A&E.

Maybe call 111 just to be sure you're doing everything you should be?

EnglishRose1320 Sun 22-Sep-19 22:42:00

Still passing water atm, but only a tiny amount.

Just took my next lot of pain killers, going to give those s chance to kick in and try and sleep and if I still can't then I'll call 111, thanks

welliesarefuntowear Sun 22-Sep-19 22:43:40

Hope you feel better soon. Does sound like a UTI. They are the worst.

KinderEgg23 Mon 23-Sep-19 11:36:14

@EnglishRose1320 I hope you've seen your GP by now and if not then you need to! You may have a UTI but I'm concerned that you are struggling to walk. You need to get this checked out.

EnglishRose1320 Mon 23-Sep-19 13:04:38

Feeling a bit better today, still under the weather but not in as much pain as last night.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »