Talk

Advanced search

Smear test while TTC

(5 Posts)
Lexington86 Sat 21-Sep-19 16:23:40

Hey everyone
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with getting a smear test while ttc? Is it safe?

Any advice would be great!!! Thanks

Xx smile

OP’s posts: |
moodybum Sat 21-Sep-19 16:28:38

I was told nothing invasive should be done while ttc unless really necessary. But we were ttc for 3 years so it wouldn't have been great to put it off that long. If you know your next period date, try and schedule for day after expected finishing, that way you know you're not preg yet and doesn't affect that month at all. That was the advice to me. Can always cancel and reschedule if dates move smile

Lexington86 Sat 21-Sep-19 16:32:39

@moodybum thanks for that. The issue I have too is every reschedule is then 1 month later, trying to get a smear test on CD 5/6 is near impossible and whilst I neeeed this done I also don’t want it to ruin any potential conception xx

moodybum Sat 21-Sep-19 16:41:01

Yeah it's so tricky, I'm a patient at a small practice so they were more flexible. All I can suggest is to go through with the appt a little later, and make them aware on the day? Or track your cycle via cervical mucus, don't go ahead if at the "egg White" stage or if you've passed it by that point in the month?

Lexington86 Sat 21-Sep-19 16:47:14

@moodybum Yeah it is difficult I have rescheduled last 2 months due to period lasting longer and then it being later, the last thing I want to do is put it off longer than necessary obviously its important. I shall go into my doctors again (they love me there!!!) and see when the next app is or if it can fall on my CD 5/6 hopefully not too far away!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »