Talk

Advanced search

Immobilising back/neck pain don’t know what to do

(6 Posts)
HappySoddingBirthday Sat 21-Sep-19 08:04:36

I have a history of back pain but mainly in the muscle across my left shoulder blade. I’m currently incapacitated by unbelievable pain in my upper back/lower neck right on/in my spine. I can’t tip my ear towards my shoulder on either side and can barely look left/right. I can look up/down a bit. There’s no comfortable position and the liquid ibroprofen tabs I usually take are doing nothing.

I can’t sleep as I can’t roll or sit up without pain. The pain is like just after the c-section I had with my second child.

I have a desk based job and I am typing constantly at work and I think that triggers my problems a lot of the time but this is like nothing I’ve had before. I was crying earlier from it!

What do I do/take? My gp surgery is one of these ‘ring on the day’ ones which often means no appointment for days on end.

I really don’t want to miss work on Monday but I can’t bend to get in the fridge at the moment!

Normally when my back flares up and when it does I seize up on the left for a few days and then it goes back down to niggling. This is totally different.

OP’s posts: |
Proseccoinamug Sat 21-Sep-19 08:10:30

Sounds like you need to go to out of hours today and get some decent pain relief.

You can usually ask for a phone call from the gp if you can’t get an appointment on the day, too.

HappySoddingBirthday Sat 21-Sep-19 08:46:14

I was thinking that but Couldn’t work out if this comes under their remit.

OrangeJustice Sat 21-Sep-19 13:16:40

I’d try and see an osteopath if I were you alongside getting some decent pain killers. Dh suffered similar pain and I can’t recall what the osteo said but she sorted him out in one session. I mean it was tender afterwards but totally manageable. We just phoned around and saw whoever could fit him in that day.

Peridot1 Sat 21-Sep-19 13:24:44

Yes definitely see an osteopath or chiropractor

HappySoddingBirthday Sat 21-Sep-19 16:20:17

Thanks - will try that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »