Talk

Advanced search

Cough and really tight chest

(14 Posts)
SunnySummerDays Thu 19-Sep-19 21:55:12

Any suggestions to help please?
I’m having a shower before bed. Honey and lemon. Can’t stop coughing and I just really can’t breathe and talk well. Been docs Wednesday and he said it’s just viral and chest is clear... but I feel awful! It’s worrying me I can’t breathe. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
EvilPostbox Thu 19-Sep-19 22:02:29

It’s probably just a cold. There’s been one going round which I had too where you feel breathless and tight chest. Night Nurse liquid for any coughing at night.

HappyHammy Thu 19-Sep-19 22:08:00

The steam from the shower might of started off a coughing fit but if you feel unwell and unable to breath properly you can call 111 for medical advice. I had similar and it turned out to be a nasty chest infection.

RightMover Thu 19-Sep-19 22:11:26

I am where you are OP! I've had a stinking cold all this week, today my chest has been really bad. I'm taking the day nurse capsules which take the edge off but jeez today at work was a struggle!

SunnySummerDays Thu 19-Sep-19 22:15:33

I’ve not got a cold and even though no sore throat my voice is really croaky. Very strange. Driving everyone mad coughing ... but not bringing anything up at all.

OctopusNow Thu 19-Sep-19 22:19:24

Ive had this for weeks now, it's horrible. The doctors just said it's viral, keep using inhalers and try to rest (chance would be a fine thing!).
I'm coughing so hard, I've had to buy some tena lady for the first time ever blush

Bunnybigears Thu 19-Sep-19 22:19:27

I think I have the same virus. No cold symptoms, persistent cough, tight chest, cant take a deep breath. Its shit but I'm making myself feel better by eating chocolate (well that's my excuse)

OctopusNow Thu 19-Sep-19 22:20:16

I do cough stuff up though, lots. It's grim. 😷

SunnySummerDays Thu 19-Sep-19 23:06:09

Think I’ll try the chocolate....and Tena lady advice too!!! 👀

WrenNatsworthy Tue 24-Sep-19 01:50:28

Just up in the night coughing like crazy and searching for kindred spirits.
Have any of you managed to get rid of this yet. I'm in such a bad way tonight,this has been going on since mid - August for me!
Coughing up phlegm, wetting myself. It gets so bad at night sometimes that I just sit on the loo coughing.

SunnySummerDays Sun 29-Sep-19 18:07:29

WrenNatsworthy Nope I’ve still got it!!

Lwmommy Sun 29-Sep-19 18:14:53

Sudafed mucus relief has been great for me and DH.

OctopusNow Wed 02-Oct-19 10:51:27

Nope. Still got it. 😷

SunnySummerDays Wed 02-Oct-19 21:26:54

And still here too. Sleeping better though but barking when I wake. When I come into warm air, and when I sit. I’m coughing stuff up now so hopefully that’s progress? On about third pack of tenna lady too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »