Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Neck lump worried

(3 Posts)
gegs73 Fri 10-Aug-07 17:39:56

Hi - I just wanted to find out if anyone else had had this and to try and put my mind at rest. Around 4 years ago now I found quite a big lump at the base of my neck. I went to the Doctors at the time, was given blood tests which were fine and they scanned the lump which they said was a fatty cyst. They decided not to remove it as I wasn't really that bothered by it and they were not worried.

Basically the lump seems to come up and down since this time and after a good few months it shrunk and disappeared. Since being pregnant with DS2 I noticed it had come back. I felt it today and it feels pretty big again. I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same/similar thing and if you would be worried. I've made an appointment to see the Doctor on Wednesday but am going to be worrying about it until then What do you think?

constancereader Fri 10-Aug-07 19:23:49

I have several of those on my body in different places. TBH I wouldn't find your situation worrying, especially as it has been already checked once and found to be ok, and I am the world champion at unnecessary fretting! I have no expert knowledge but surely it is quite normal of these to come and go? I'm sure the doctor will put your mind at rest on Wednesday.

gegs73 Sat 11-Aug-07 08:54:07

Hi - thanks for your reply, has definitely made me feel abit better Have a good weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now