Talk

Advanced search

PID worries, awaiting results

(8 Posts)
Embarrassingtoadmit Tue 17-Sep-19 18:42:43

Hi, I'm hoping someone can peel me off the ceiling. My anxiety levels are through the roof.

I've been having lower abdo pain and sore lower back for a couple of weeks. I'm really bloated too. I did have some funny smelling discharge a couple of weeks ago and I used a BV treatment, since then the smell has gone.

I had full sti screening at the weekend and I'm waiting for the results. Going INSANE.

I escaped an abusive relationship late last year ago and I've had this niggling feeling that he cheated. Given he constantly accused me of doing so.

I'm so so worried he's given me chlamydia and it's developed into full blown pid. I could have had it for 18 months and not known!!

I'm devastated that this might compromise my chances of getting pregnant again in the future.

Please, please tell me some positive stories if you've had chlamydia or pid and that you were ok in the end. Is it possible that the pid might be new given I've only just got symptoms? And therefore treatment now might avoid any irreversible damage??

I feel so ashamed, stupid and foolish.
I'm beside myself with worry.

OP’s posts: |
Embarrassingtoadmit Tue 17-Sep-19 18:43:57

Also to add, I do have thrush too (picked up at sti screening) could this be the cause of the bloating and pain??

Yecartmannew Tue 17-Sep-19 18:50:51

I had both in my early 20's and subsequently had 3 children and no trouble at all ttc.

I had a d&c and a course of antibiotics

Embarrassingtoadmit Tue 17-Sep-19 18:54:34

Thank you for replying flowers

Did you have symptoms and catch yours early? I'm just worried I've had the infection for a while and not known about it and that damage has already been done sad

Embarrassingtoadmit Tue 17-Sep-19 19:21:57

Bumping for any more experience or advice?? x

Embarrassingtoadmit Wed 18-Sep-19 10:31:23

Well. It's gonorrhea. Still waiting for results of chlamydia.
I'm absolutely devastated. I'm so worried this has affected my fertility. I feel dirty and disgusted with myself.
Had anyone gone on to have children after having gonorrhea?? I can't believe this is happening

Luscinia Wed 18-Sep-19 23:15:37

I'm so sorry, OP, what a blow to you. I don't know anything about it but presume you will be starting some treatment.

InglouriousBasterd Wed 18-Sep-19 23:20:22

flowers what a total shit op, I’m sorry. But it’s easily treated with antibiotics and I have been told by Gynaecologists that it takes years rather than months for gonnorhea / chlamydia and the like to cause long term problems.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »