Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

baby nodding randomly...

(3 Posts)
Ilovemyboy Thu 09-Aug-07 22:31:49

This has started in the last week or so. When DS (8mo) does it isn't a few nods in succession. He just randomly throws his head forwards once at a time. It is really weird.

I have noticed it more in the last week since we put him in his own room. When I leave his room he screams the bloody place down then when I go back in to comfort him he is screaming and doing this head lurch thing. DP mentioned he had noticed him doing it this morning.

Anyone any ideas of what this could be? {worried emoticon}

chestnutty Fri 10-Aug-07 17:15:07

I'm sure your baby is fine.
My dd1 used to bang her head against a wall - its just about experiencing new sensations!
If baby picks up on fact you are concerned, he will probably do it for effect.
When dd2 was a similar age i caught her screaming like her older sister was attacking her ( who was happily doing a jigsaw) as she knew I would come back in the room.

SweetyDarling Fri 10-Aug-07 17:22:52

Has he maybe worked out that throwing his head forward gives him momentum and can help him move forward/sit up?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: