Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Distended stomach and problem with bowels

(4 Posts)
Chocol8 Thu 09-Aug-07 21:20:18

Does anyone have experience of this please?

I have been on Slimming World green diet for several months now and lost over a stone, however because of the lack of oil in my diet (except for blow-outs, chips choc etc) i have bouts of constipation - one of which lasted 4 weeks. I took some prescription stuff which worked but only whilst i took it, then it returned.

I went to a health shop and they suggested Lepicol, which has worked rather well and is getting things moving, however my stomach is massively distended and i look about 4-5 months pregnant!

Do you think this could just be a build up of wind - or something else? This has been a problem (and hereditary apparently)since i was very young. Should i bother the doctor with it, or leave it a bit longer?

liliac Fri 10-Aug-07 00:50:56

Of course you should bother the doctor, apart from feeling uncomfortable, this must be doing great things to your self esteem!

Chocol8 Fri 10-Aug-07 17:52:58

Yes Lilac it is! I am going out tomorrow night for the first time in over 6 months and now i can't wear anything close fitting.

I've made an doc's appt for Wednesday but i'm sure i'll just get told to go away and stop being silly or that it's wind!

liliac Fri 10-Aug-07 19:58:36

If he does that, go to reception and book yourself another appointment with one of the other doctor's immediately before you go home. You must sort this out it sounds so bloody uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now