Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Cranial osteopath in Surrey!

(8 Posts)
MarcusMum Thu 09-Aug-07 15:53:19

Please please, can anybody recommend a cranial osteopath in Guildford - Leatherhead - Woking area? Have looked through many adverts but do not dare to take my ds to anyone without recommendation. Considering CO as having feeding and sleeping problems with my LO who is 8 weeks old. Any info will be greatly appreciated!!!

Nat1H Thu 09-Aug-07 21:50:10

There is a charity called the Osteopathic Centre for Children in London. If that is too far away, why don't you give them a ring a see if they can recommend one? I use the centre in Manchester and Osteopaths volunteer their time to the centre. They are always willing to do private work, so there may be one that works or lives near to you.
Hope this helps and you get your LO sorted soon!

LIZS Thu 09-Aug-07 21:57:13

Is Reigate too far ? Perhaps post the possibles and ask if anyone has used htem specifically .

barbamama Thu 09-Aug-07 21:57:49

Hi there, this may be a bit far for you but I can thoroughly recomment the Cedars Osteopathic Practice in Caterham www.back2health.biz/. We are in Reigate and it is a 15 minute drive for us. We took my son there when he was 3 weeks old 2.5 years ago and it really helped him. We saw Suzy who was excellent though of course you would have to check whether she is still there. I am currently seeing Ian for SPD in pregnancy, again he is very good, and I know he is qualified to treat pregnant women but you would need to check for babies. I am due to give birth in Septemebr and will definitely be taking the baby back there at a similar age. My son got very badly stuck and had a bit of a ridge in his head and wouldn't lie on his back as a result. We felt the treatment really helped and they certainly didn't do anything that made us feel uncomfortable - even with such a young baby. Good luck. I know they are fully registered with the appropriate bodies as my GP would only refer me for the SPD treatment once she had satisfied herself that that was the case.

barbamama Thu 09-Aug-07 21:58:21

I have heard good things about the one in Reigate too but no direct experience.

MarcusMum Fri 10-Aug-07 07:21:47

Nat1H, LIZS and barbamama - thanks for the replies. If I can't find a recommended osteopath in Guildford area I might consider Reigate/Caterham, though its quite a long journey.

Nat1H - will call the OCC today to see if they can recommend someone nearby.

Bellie Fri 10-Aug-07 07:55:59

I can recommend the Reigate one too. Worked wonders on dd.

ess Sun 19-Aug-07 20:28:28

Hi MarcusMum. Hope you get this message. I live in Woking and have used a CO in Knaphill. She has been my Osteopath for years and is wonderful. She did CO on my DD when she was about 12 weeks old. Let me know if you want her details.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: