Advanced search

Should I suggest she sees a doctor?

(5 Posts)
Boraciclint Tue 10-Sep-19 19:04:58

I am not a doctor but am vaguely science/ medical background and I strongly suspect that an acquaintance I see regularly may have a serious hormonal condition (Cushing’s syndrome). They have absolutely classic symptoms ( it affects face and body shape, including upper back etc. in very specific ways) of what can be a very serious condition if untreated. A big part of me thinks it’s absolutely none of my business but then I think that if it were me I’d like someone to mention it.
Is it possible that they have been treated but it hasn’t worked? Any doctors or people with experience of Cushing’s who can help me?
Should I do something or ignore it?

OP’s posts: |
YeOldeTrout Tue 10-Sep-19 19:11:15

Will she do something, will they go off to ask doctor for sure?
I would probably say something.

elliollie Tue 10-Sep-19 19:17:56

I've just googled it and have all the symptoms except maybe the red face shock

SirTobyBelch Tue 10-Sep-19 20:31:07

Do you know whether she's taking steroids for an inflammatory condition and might have Cushingoid side-effects? I see what your motivation would be for mentioning it but there is a risk that you'll embarass her if you don't know more about her medical history.

Boraciclint Wed 11-Sep-19 08:38:07

I've no idea whether she is taking steroids or in fact anything else about her medical history- on reflection I think the risk of serious embarrassment is too high, I think I'll leave it.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in