Talk

Advanced search

Itching could it be worms

(5 Posts)
paul2louise Tue 10-Sep-19 00:28:28

I have been itching in the bottom area on and off for months. I put it down to maybe a rash due to sweat from running and cycling or maybe piles. I have been using haemaroid cream for a while and it does help. But it doesn't go away. It might ease for a few days and then the itch comes back again.
I have been searching the web and wondered if it's worms. My son is 8 and not the most hygienic.
I haven't spoken to my family about this as I feel a bit awkward.
I know you can buy over counter treatment but I want to be sure before I discuss this with the family.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
ifoundthebread Tue 10-Sep-19 00:44:25

Tmi but I get an itchy bum when I have thrush, not nice and doesn't always present with the usual symptoms

Getoffmylilo Tue 10-Sep-19 01:11:01

You should go to your GP - better to get a proper diagnosis than guessing and trying different things. It's a common problem, they've seen it all before. The other reason to go is it can be a symptom of more serious bowel conditions so worth getting it checked out.

Silvercatowner Tue 10-Sep-19 07:15:05

Just take Ovex - either its worms or it isn't.

loutypips Tue 10-Sep-19 07:24:57

I think you'd notice the worms in your poo. Tbh when dd caught them, I was shocked to see them wriggling away!
It could be piles, thrush, or maybe just a sweaty bum.
Go to your doctor. They are the only ones that can diagnose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »