Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

15month old dd seems to hate the bath

(9 Posts)
Blaggingit Wed 08-Aug-07 19:46:37

Anyone got any ideas about what I can do to help my 15month old enjoy the water again? He hated it as a baby, loved it once he could sit up and now screams as soon as we put him in the bath again. We also have screams when we wash his hair. It is getting really stressful for all of us and I would love some advice about how to sort this out.

RubySlippers Wed 08-Aug-07 19:51:10

do you bath him at night?
if so, could he just be really grizzly and tired?

NurseyJo Wed 08-Aug-07 19:53:27

Message withdrawn

Blaggingit Wed 08-Aug-07 20:11:11

I do bath him at night and he is getting tired by then but he is really happy and playful up until the point I actually put him in the bath.

Jo - I don't have the water particularly deep but he does have LOADS of toys around the edge of the bath and some in the bath so he can choose what he would like to play with. We've tried singing etc to make it fun but it doesn't seem to be helping at the moment. I will try putting more water in tomorrow night.

NurseyJo Wed 08-Aug-07 20:26:39

Message withdrawn

Lubyloo Wed 08-Aug-07 20:30:52

No advice I'm afraid but I'm interested to hear any suggestions. DD is 22 months old and for the last month has been like a wild animal trying to get out of the bath and getting hysterical.

We can't think of anything that might have scared her. She was fine one night but not the next. We really can't understand why as she loves going swimming - just hates her bath.

flamingtoaster Wed 08-Aug-07 20:32:26

When DS was worried about the bath we put one of the large plastic toy boxes in the bath and filled it with water. He was happy to sit in it and play for ages. When he was a bit older we occasionally offered him the choice of the box or the bath until he felt confident enough.

Blaggingit Wed 08-Aug-07 20:37:29

DD does have milk after his bath but he has a very healthy appetite so has tea at nursery at 3.30 and then another tea when he gets home at 5.30 ish and then bath at 7. It may be worth a go though.

I could try an early bath and then bed at the normal time, so he could play a bit after bath but before milk.

Blaggingit Wed 08-Aug-07 20:38:11

OOOPS! I mean DS!!! He has had a quick gender change!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now