Talk

Advanced search

Can I cure post-viral fatigue?

(5 Posts)
CircusRunaway Sat 07-Sep-19 16:48:10

Diagnosed with this recently after the third bout of flu this year. I can rest and take it easy, but if anyone has any tips for recovery I'd appreciate them! Feeling less tired now, but very flat, and a bit worried about mood (I've a history of depression and have used exercise to manage that before - pretty hard to do ATM). Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
AuntieStella Sat 07-Sep-19 16:59:34

I know it's counter intuitive, but exercise could really help

Start with a short walk daily - even getting out might help, especially if it's somewhere that's green. And build up from there (vigorous, steeper or longer walks, or try C25K if running has any appeal at all).

Getting the motivation to get moving might be the hardest part, though.

Also, are you eating well, and what is quality of your sleep like?

Surfskatefamily Sat 07-Sep-19 17:05:41

Do you have open water close by? I suffer with chronic fatigue and find the sea helps

redchocolatebutton Sat 07-Sep-19 17:08:57

how is your vit d3 and b12?
have they been checked?
thyroid?

apart from those gentle exercise preferably in daylight and a good diet might help.

CircusRunaway Sat 07-Sep-19 17:30:35

Great ideas thank you. Yes, I've had extensive blood and vitamin checks, everything is ok I'm glad to say. Also have an NHS dietician at our health centre (lucky) who says my diet is very good. Not close to sea but near a river so will try gentle walks there. I am a runner and tennis player, so finding lack of exercise (I am exhausted after I've walked round the block or weeded a flowerbed) hard.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »