Talk

Advanced search

Felt ill and in pain for months

(14 Posts)
DonnaMT Fri 06-Sep-19 07:36:52

Hi all. I've looked online, been to the GP and I'm still lost.

I've felt ill/off for months. Aching a bit, headaches, very tired, all the time. I've also had 4 periods in the last 2 months, 1 of which was brought on by sex. But lately my symptoms are getting worse. My body actually hurts. Knees, back, most joints, especially my hips. Especially to touch. I feel like I'm falling apart. I could sleep for most of the day/night and still feel tired, I feel like I can't concentrate anymore. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

LarkDescending Fri 06-Sep-19 16:21:30

You don't say how old you are, but have you considered perimenopause?

Aquamarine1029 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:22:50

I second peri-menopause. Classic symptoms.

Snowdrop30 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:28:19

Snap. Go get your hormone levels checked if you are in that age range. It started for me like this, at 42.

Aquamarine1029 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:30:41

This is a good article, op...

www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/113666670/perimenopause-lead-up-to-menopause-very-uncomfortable-and-poorly-understood

DonnaMT Fri 06-Sep-19 17:07:29

Thanks everyone. I thought menopause but I'm only 38 so I hope not. I'll get to the GP and hopefully get it sorted.

Aquamarine1029 Fri 06-Sep-19 17:36:03

Peri-menopause can last for years and years, op.

DonnaMT Fri 06-Sep-19 18:55:13

Does it? Jees. Well i hope it's not that then because I feel so bad. Fingers crossed

SirJamesTalbotAndHisSpeculum Fri 06-Sep-19 18:58:02

You can get HRT which will help with symptoms, OP.

That's if this is the perimenopause, of course.

Mine started at age 36, BTW.

TheVanguardSix Fri 06-Sep-19 18:58:34

Get a pelvic ultrasound OP. Don't leave this.
I am 47. It's not really normal at all at 38 to be experiencing these symptoms under the age of 42... even 42 is early. Yes, it could be perimenopause, but given your age, I'd absolutely see the GP and have a transvaginal pelvic USS booked (I tend to go privately and book one every 2-3 years since it can be like drawing blood from a stone to get diagnostic tests done). And get your bloodwork done.

TheVanguardSix Fri 06-Sep-19 18:59:47

And I know (before I upset anyone) that yes indeed you can go into menopause under 40, but it is still uncommon. You want to rule out other things. Good luck!

usernamexox Fri 06-Sep-19 19:21:07

A lot of those symptoms sound more thyroid related than peri-menopause.
What blood tests have you had so far OP?
Hopefully you've had some 😯

pooopypants Fri 06-Sep-19 19:37:30

I have many of the same symptoms OP

I have fibromyalgia and being tested for CFS

Be firm and ask that tests are run to rule things out (some diagnosis are made by ruling other things out) and take it from there

I ended up going private, the consultant asked me some questions, then poked me a bit and within 3 mins told me that I have fibromyalgia.

GirlInterrupted Sat 07-Sep-19 00:15:37

Also blood tests for thyroid function. I am hypothyroid due to autoimmune thyroid disease and had all those symptoms

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »