Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Getting pregnant while on the pill

(8 Posts)
anychance Tue 07-Aug-07 22:46:28

I recently went on the pill after a long break. Had dd last year and not planning another for a while yet. For some reason I haven't been as careful as I was before about taking it and now I can't help thinking I might be pregnant. Has anyone experience of getting pregnant while on the pill? Do pregnancy tests work in the same way or could the pill interfere with the results in some way? I would be fine about it if it turns out i am pregnant but would like to know for sure.

fransmom Tue 07-Aug-07 22:47:15

when is af due?

anychance Tue 07-Aug-07 22:52:13

Finished this months pill today so in a few days time. I'm just worried that if I am pregnant continuing to take the pill could be harmful. Does anyone know if it is?

aloha Tue 07-Aug-07 22:54:09

pill doesn't interfere with results of pregnancy test. No study has shown takign the pill has any adverse effects in pregnancy. If you seriously think you are pregnant, take a test.

fransmom Tue 07-Aug-07 22:56:13

was erratic tsking the pill due to bad circumstances when i fell pg (was ill with tummy bug too). and wasn't any the wiser til i threw up over the smell of custard cream biscuits

fransmom Tue 07-Aug-07 22:58:59

fwiw, dd is fine but go take a test to settle your mind tomorrow. if line faint, take another if you want. when i was, p at the time (dp now) wanted to go to the docs to confirm it but he was told that the test availabel in pharmacies now, are just as good as the ones they do at the docs. it depends what you want to do now really. if the test is +ve, go and see your doc and explain to him/her about your worries, they will help settle your mind that way then. hope things go ok, keep us posted? (((((((((anychance)))))))

anychance Tue 07-Aug-07 23:01:21

I feel like such a fool for thinking about it at all. I'll give it a few days and do a test at the weekend. I was saying to dh that i'll be the first person ever to get pregnant BECAUSE she went on the pill. Before I went on it we were so careful. I have a feeling that maybe deep down I am sabotaging(?) it because I want another baby but I'm sure thats a whole other thread. Thanks for the replies

fransmom Tue 07-Aug-07 23:03:26

you are not a fool there are plenty of women who get pg when on the pill for any number of reasons. good luck either way sweetheart x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now