Talk

Advanced search

Blood pressure reading

(6 Posts)
MummaPI Mon 02-Sep-19 22:37:08

Mine has been either slightly lower or slightly higher than the 140/90 reading. Have to go back to the doctor but I'm a worrier. Anyone else had blood pressure like this and what did they do please?

OP’s posts: |
Plink42 Mon 02-Sep-19 22:42:27

They will recheck you probs over a couple of wks and if it's constantly higher will put you on meds that's all -

Bunnyfuller Mon 02-Sep-19 22:45:25

Slightly higher isn’t a huge concern, if you are overweight if you can lose a bit that will help. Doc will prob check to make sure the upward trend doesn’t accelerate. Slightly lower is fine.

MummaPI Mon 02-Sep-19 22:47:37

So I'm not at risk of stroke yet? I'm such a worrier. Am about a stone or two over weight and dont exercise. I'm not lazy though, always busy!

MummaPI Tue 03-Sep-19 13:10:34

Just read that back and realised it sounded like I'm a real lazy bugger! I'm not! Just interested in blood pressure readings and what I can do.

Bunnyfuller Tue 03-Sep-19 22:09:40

As I said, sort the weight for your health.

I didn’t, got really REALLY high bp (like 187/120) got put on meds.

Heart attack this April, 5 stents, a damaged mitral valve and enlarged left atrium I’ve finally got to grips with the whole eating better/moving more. 2 1/2 stone off, 1 1/2 stone to go.

Bunny overate. Bunny didn’t like exercise. Bunny nearly died. Don’t be like Bunny.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »