Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Smear test question please?

(16 Posts)
Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 21:38:20

I have had several smears in the past but have been putting this one off for quite a while ,prob 18 months or so.
I have finally decided /scared myself into going to have it done but now i don't know when to go as my cycle has got shorter since i came off the pill(thought it would help moods etc)
My cycle is starting every 3 weeks more or less.

myjobismum Tue 07-Aug-07 21:40:34

ohhhh.... naughty naughty (lol)

same rule - go as near to the middle of cycle as possible - so day 10 or 11 in your case - hope this helps!

LaylaandSethsmum Tue 07-Aug-07 21:41:46

You should go midcycle if you can so about day 10 or 11 of a 3 week cycle.

Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 21:43:42

Does it mean from the first day of proper period bleeding though?

Pinkchampagne Tue 07-Aug-07 21:45:10

Yes, count the start of your cycle from the very first day of your period.

Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 21:45:40

Or from first day of period brown discharge sorry tmi.

Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 21:45:55

ah thankyou

Pinkchampagne Tue 07-Aug-07 21:48:09

I would count it from the first day of that stuff you describe personally!

Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 21:48:52

Thanks lol

ChasingSquirrels Tue 07-Aug-07 21:54:35

I rang to ask today as I have had a letter through - I was told with the modern testing it doesn't matter, as long as your aren't bleeding.

Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 21:56:51

The nurse rang me to hassle me,lol,a few months ago but she said to go midway through the cycle.

Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 21:57:25

Ah well i will force myself to go at some point.

ChasingSquirrels Tue 07-Aug-07 22:03:52

I was suprised she said that to me. I tried to book an appt but they couldn't do until next fri and my cycle has been rather eratic since it came back in feb (last one was 8 weeks) so no idea if I will be bleeding by then. I decided to wait until next period starts then ring and book.

Beauregard Tue 07-Aug-07 22:06:32

We shall be brave together!
[wimp emoticon]

Pinkchampagne Tue 07-Aug-07 22:07:32

I went a week ago & was told to come mid-cycle, but think I may have bodged my dates up as I am having lots of pre period symptoms right now!
I'm not very good at keeping track of my cycle now that I'm single!

ChasingSquirrels Tue 07-Aug-07 22:47:57

I have never been very good at keeping track of my cycle (apart from when ttc), and normally have a 5wk cycle so forget about it.
And I am not going for a smear with anyone!
Have to say, had a smear after ds1 and remember thinking "well, after giving birth this doesn't feel at all embarassing anymore".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now