Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Movicol and it not worked?

(6 Posts)
ReturnofSaturn Sun 01-Sep-19 17:28:04

I have been taking movicol 3x a day since Tuesday and still haven't had a bowel movement confused

Not sure what to try next??

OP’s posts: |
ReturnofSaturn Sun 01-Sep-19 18:55:55

??

OP’s posts: |
dottyp0104 Sun 01-Sep-19 19:25:44

My daughter takes it. It adds water to your stool. If you still have no success then increase the number of sachets and liquid you drink. You do not absorb movicol as such so can take a lot if needed. You may need a stimulant such as bisacodyl or senna

For example- my 5 year old can take up to 12 sachets in a day as per disimpaction regime.

kryztinababy Wed 04-Sep-19 16:44:09

Try adding more fibre and water to your diet too. Also exercise helps. Bending and stretching etc.

Montybojangles Wed 04-Sep-19 21:23:24

Ask your gp if you should increase the dose. Plenty of people need more than that to begin, then reduce dose as maintenance once things are working.

kryztinababy Wed 04-Sep-19 23:40:44

Try a glass of prune juice or handful of prunes or try a bowl of carrot and coriander soup with a handful of dried apricots for afters...... stay near the loo then. that's a meal I won't try again in a hurry blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »