Talk

Advanced search

Psoriasis on soles of feet

(9 Posts)
JustineCase Sat 31-Aug-19 19:23:01

I have suffered from plaque psoriasis for a few years on parts of my body, treated with betnovate.

I have recently (last 4/5 months) had it on the soles of my feet, toe and fingernails sad

Recently lost half a middle finger nail because of it, and a big toe nail is very sore also due to the psoriasis on the nail bed.

A month ago visited the GP and got prescribed dovobet, but it doesn’t seem to do be doing much to ease my foot psoriasis. It’s great on the other parts but just not the feet.

If you have psoriasis on your feet, how do you ease the burning and dryness? I am getting married soon and would like to walk normally not hobble down the aisle!

OP’s posts: |
TwentyEight12 Sat 31-Aug-19 19:29:38

My Mum gets this but on her face and scalp. It seems to worsen greatly in the winter. She works outdoors so in the summer it seems to lessen. We’ve worked out that the sun has the ability to ease it drastically and much of the time it eradicates it. When winter returns, it comes back with vengeance. I also had a friend once who suffered with this on the elbows, knees and legs and light therapy reduced the severity of it massively. My Mum has started to use urea cream in high dosages during the winter and although it does leave redness, it does remove the plaque.

JustineCase Sat 31-Aug-19 20:01:30

Thanks twenty eight. I’ll look at the urea cream!

paradyning Sat 31-Aug-19 20:02:53

You can have PUVAphototherapy treatment for the soles of your feet and hands. Via a dermatologist through.

JustineCase Sat 31-Aug-19 20:13:59

This was something the GP said they could refer me for paradyning, along with cuticle injections >.< for the nails. I am trying to resist ongoing treatment as I live rurally, so a short treatment at a hospital turns into an entire afternoon of work, but am unfortunately coming to the conclusion they may be the only course of action

JustineCase Sat 31-Aug-19 20:15:26

Paradyninf, have you had it? How long does it last? The treatment and effects?

paradyning Sat 31-Aug-19 20:46:28

I work jn the field. V effective with high clearance rate. But you'd have to go 2-3 times a week for a. Umber if weeks

paradyning Sat 31-Aug-19 20:46:47

*number of

JustineCase Sat 31-Aug-19 21:22:34

Thanks for letting me know, that is very helpful paradyning :D

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »