Talk

Advanced search

Internal burns help

(6 Posts)
Allyg1185 Thu 29-Aug-19 17:08:55

Hi I have had a chest infection this week been to the dr and got antibiotics I mentioned the burning feeling I was getting straight down the middle of my chest and she thought it was down to the fact I was taking ibrofen and cold tablets over the weekend on an empty stomach ( wasn't hungry ) she thinks I have burnt my tubes basically.

I've been taking regular Gavison advanced before meals and bed but it doesn't seem to be getting any better and sometimes the pain is unbelieveable. Does anyone have any experience of this? How long should I expect this to heal?

OP’s posts: |
JeanieJardine55 Thu 29-Aug-19 18:07:58

Make another appointment to see the GP. They should prescribe something elae to help. In the meantime I find bisodol best for relieving the symptoms. Up can become buy it in the chemist or supermarket.

ScarlettDarling Thu 29-Aug-19 18:14:16

Ibuprofen did similar to me and I was left with terrible heartburn for months afterwards. I didn't have terrible pain like you seem to be having, but a horrible reflux went on for ages.

Nothing I took made much difference but I know lots of people who have taken omeprazole or lanzaprazole to great effect. Speak to your gp or pharmacist, you shouldn't just be left in pain like this.

Knitclubchatter Thu 29-Aug-19 18:18:06

I’d guess 6 weeks. Your symptoms might resolve sooner but the damage from the reflux will take a while to heal.

Allyg1185 Thu 29-Aug-19 19:39:40

Ok thanks guys

OP’s posts: |
Fstar Thu 29-Aug-19 19:50:36

I get terrible heartburn and gp gives me omeprazole, its really good

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »