Talk

Advanced search

Gallstones

(3 Posts)
SuzieSuze Tue 27-Aug-19 19:51:39

I should probably go back to my GP but before I do I was just wondering if anyone else has had the following symptoms with gallstones, apart from the pain:

Extreme tiredness - I am so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open
Nausea
Bloating

When my GP called me to say I had gallstones I mentioned the above but he didn’t seem too concerned. I’ve been referred to a consultant with regards to having my gallbladder removed but I just feel increasingly unwell. I look like shit too - I’ve got bags under my eyes and I’ve broken out in acne on my face, chest and back.

Don’t know whether I should go back to my GP or if this is just par for the course with gallstones? I haven’t had a blood test btw, just an ultrasound.

Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
Hollingsworth40 Tue 27-Aug-19 21:56:24

I was diagnosed 6 months ago with a gall stone 3.5 cm, I am due to have my gall bladder removed in 6 weeks - very scared about this.
I’ve had lots of other issues too which I don’t know if are related or not, bowel issues fluctuations, bloating, not gall attacks but pain directly under rib cage, more like an ache. Doctors have just told me they will look into it if issues do not get resolved with removal.

goose1964 Tue 27-Aug-19 22:07:34

I had (and still do) bloating with my gallstones. I've had my gallbladder removed but as it was no longer working I still have the same issues. Don't be worried about the op as it's really minor. You go under a general anaesthetic and they make some holes about 1cm wide and pull the gallbladder out. Most people can go home the same day. I had no pain at all afterwards.

If I avoid fat the bloating is a lot better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »