Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in neck - have been reading up on net and now scared

(3 Posts)
gingerbabe Mon 06-Aug-07 18:16:35

I have noticed a small hard lump in the side of my neck, just below my hairline. To be honest it's been there a little while and I didn;t really think anything of it, but a friend commented on it today and asked me if I had had it checked out. That has freaked me out, so I started looking on net and have now got myself into complete state about Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I have made an appt with GP, but am scared. I don't want false hope that it will all be okay, but can anyone reassure me a little bit with any personal experience that it might be nothing.

beansprout Mon 06-Aug-07 18:18:24

Sebaceous cyst? Much less scary!!

allgonebellyup Mon 06-Aug-07 18:19:41

i always get lumps on my neck, sometimes they stay a long time but i dont get them checked out.
please dont worry , its probably nothing!

Although my best friends dh died of cancer of the lymph glands several months ago, he was always getting ill and fevers, and more huge swellings of glands rather than a lump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now