Talk

Advanced search

Period two weeks after last one?

(10 Posts)
CatPunsFreakMeowt Sun 25-Aug-19 17:03:39

My cycles usually vary in length between 22-26 days. Last few cycles have been 24, 25, & 26 days.

I’ve started bleeding on day 16 of this cycle. Never had this happen before but don’t want to waste a GP appt if it turns out to be a one off.

Should I be worried or just one of those things?

OP’s posts: |
Benjispruce Sun 25-Aug-19 20:45:06

Don’t think gp will do anything. I’d keep a record and see if it’s a one off or not. Sometimes it just happens. I sometimes skip one altogether, sometimes 26 days or 40 days.

bedtimestories Sun 25-Aug-19 20:46:45

This happened to me. Consultant said I shouldnt have been referred if it only happened once.

MoreProseccoNow Sun 25-Aug-19 20:50:41

How old are you, OP?

I'm mid-40's, and this has happened regularly as part of the peri menopause.

I did see my GP & was advised I could go back on the pill or have a coil fitted.

Benjispruce Sun 25-Aug-19 20:52:54

Was about to ask that more

mama345 Sun 25-Aug-19 20:53:16

I'm 40, and I've experienced this a few times over the past 3 or 4 years. Mid-cycle could also be due to ovulation.

Benjispruce Sun 25-Aug-19 20:53:30

I’m 48 and weird things have happened in that department since 45confused

CatPunsFreakMeowt Mon 26-Aug-19 09:16:46

Thanks for the replies. I’m late twenties so hopefully not menopause related.

OP’s posts: |
Runkle Mon 26-Aug-19 09:19:30

I had this around ovulation time. I mentionef it to GP (was asked questions relating to to something else) and she didn't seem bothered and said it happens. Esp when there's no associated oain/other symptoms. I'd just make a note and keep an eye.

PenguinsRabbits Mon 26-Aug-19 09:58:30

Never had this happen in 20s or 30s but now in 40s had 3 in one month in June. I had a lot of bleeding inbetween periods in 30s and still do - that if it persists needs checking out though most is still innocent causes, mine was fibroids.

No chance of pregnancy / miscarriage? I had strange bleeding in both my pregnancies.

I would definitely go to GP if happens again and if you are ttc, might be pregnant or worried then go to GP now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »